Re: dnsserver not running

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:28:44 -1000

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 04:38:45AM -0600, Sergio Henrique Oliveira Pereira (EDB) wrote:
> Sorry guys ... I'm running 2.2.ST5 and in my cache.log show a message like
> this :
> "can't run "

I'd look for the obvious generic problems first here:

1) Check the path you configured in the squid.conf file is correct. Try
doing a "which dnsserver" or "locate dnsserver" to double-check the
path matches what you have configured.

2) Try logging in as the squid user and "ls -l /path/squid/bin/dnsserver"
to make sure you can access the above path.

3) While logged in as the squid user, run the "limit" program and make
sure you don't have unreasonably set user limits on memory sizes,
number of processes, number of open files, etc.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
      The named which can be named is not the Eternal named.