Re: Memory leak in 2.2S5 and 2.3S1?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 20:53:19 +0100

Erik Horn wrote:

> beginning of the day. It will be using about 150meg during the peak time
> of the day. At the end of the day, the memory is at about 190meg and
> climbing at a rate of about 1 meg every few minutes. At this point the
> utilization of the cache is quite low (6 reqs/sec).

I have a patch which might be the cure to this. There is a bug in how
Squid handles persistent POST requests, causing it to tie up quite a bit
of resources for a long running connection used for persistent POST
requests. Such request pattern has been seen from for example a Java
applet showing stock market information in "real-time".

Patch available from http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/

/Henrik