RE: I have a Site that is cahced and never refreshed!

From: Stian B. Barmen <stian.barmen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:49:16 +0200

What is the process I use to do this:

"If you build Squid with --disable-internal-dns then you can control the
expire time from squid.conf by setting the positive_dns_ttl option, and
Squid won't use the TTL setting from the DNS data."

Do I have to recompile Squid to make this work? And if yes, how do I do this
with minimal downtime? And is it a good idea to upgrade from 2.3.stable1 to
latest stable?

Last question, I have aprox 300 users on my internal network all using Squid
to cache http (transparent) and I wonder what you would recommend my cache
size should be. There is pretty much surfing by the by.. :) And I am
constantly having problems getting the latest updates from a couple of sites
running FMPro. You can check one if you like: www.it-vikar.no :)

Thanks a bunch, best regards
Stian...
Stian B. Barmen tlf: 23 37 70 76 / 92 48
21 84
Seniorkonsulent MCSE / MCP+I / CCNA

IT-Vikar OSLO AS
http://www.it-vikar.no/