Re: no cache for all local network

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:36:55 +1000

At Friday 11:19 AM 31/03/2000 +0200, Fabien Penso wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to configure squid 2.2.5 (debian potato) so it doesn't cache
>my local network. I searched the archive of this ML, found a post with
>similar needs, and I figured out I had to add to squid.conf the
>following lines:
>
>acl local-domain dstdomain domain.com
>acl local-server dst 213.XX.XX.XXX/255.255.255.224
>always_direct allow local-server
>always_direct allow local-domain
>
>Which should work as I beleive, but it doesn't. Am I doing something
>wrong ? Also I didn't find the answer in the FAQ and I think this is a
>regular question.

The statements above will tell your proxy to always go direct to the server
as opposed to requesting the objects via the cache hierarchy, which you may
or may not have configured. In your case this is probably what you want.

To not cache the sites you will need to add (additionally)

no_cache deny local-server

to your squid.conf and then squid -k reconfigure

Reuben

Reuben Farrelly West Ryde, NSW 2114, Australia