Re: no cache for all local network

From: Fabien Penso <penso@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:44:01 +0200

Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@reub.net> wrote:
> At Friday 11:19 AM 31/03/2000 +0200, Fabien Penso wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am trying to configure squid 2.2.5 (debian potato) so it doesn't cache
> >my local network. I searched the archive of this ML, found a post with
> >similar needs, and I figured out I had to add to squid.conf the
> >following lines:
> >
> >acl local-domain dstdomain domain.com
> >acl local-server dst 213.XX.XX.XXX/255.255.255.224
> >always_direct allow local-server
> >always_direct allow local-domain
> >
> >Which should work as I beleive, but it doesn't. Am I doing something
> >wrong ? Also I didn't find the answer in the FAQ and I think this is a
> >regular question.
>

> The statements above will tell your proxy to always go direct to the server
> as opposed to requesting the objects via the cache hierarchy, which you may
> or may not have configured. In your case this is probably what you want.
>
> To not cache the sites you will need to add (additionally)
>
> no_cache deny local-server
>
> to your squid.conf and then squid -k reconfigure

Well I've changed it to:

acl local-domain dstdomain domain.com
acl local-server dst 213.XX.XX.XXX/255.255.255.224
always_direct allow local-server
always_direct allow local-domain
no_cache deny local-server
no_cache deny local-domain

but it still doesn't work. Do I have a way to know if squid really takes
my request directly to the server and not from the cache, or if my
netscape cache is playing with me ?

Fabien Penso <penso@linuxfr.org> - http://perso.LinuxFR.org/penso/
http://LinuxFR.org/ - Geek Stuff ! -[ Association Loi 1901 ]-