newbie - ftp clarification please

From: Pat Lendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 20:07:12 -0400

Hi all,

I've just installed Version 2.3.STABLE2. I've set

acl FTP proto FTP
always_direct allow FTP
http_acess allow FTP

I have referenced archives and still have questions in regards to ftp.
I've read that Squid is not an ftp server, but has ftp capabilites thru
Squid via the http protocol. I can upload and download files.

1. What are the ftp capabilities with Squid (is it limited to
uploading/downloading files?).

2. Are there any concerns or security issues with ftp thru Squid?

3. Am I correct in assuming that since ftp of files is thru http, that
I can not deny all ftp sites and just allow a few? (I'd have to deny
all http and allow a few url ftp sites, or get an actual ftp server).

4. If anyone is using the ftp proto, how have you setup the squid.conf
file for ftp?

I know these questions have probally been asked in the past , but I
don't feel cozy giving people access to a proxy server that uses ftp
without knowing the full capability of the ftp - thank you for your
patience. And thank you in advance for any help.