Re: Can Squid enforse a site license.

From: Blue Lang <blue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 13:07:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Rob Dallas wrote:

> Can Squid be used to limit the number of concurrent users that are
> accessing a particular website? I'm looking for a way to enforce the
> conditions a site licence, specifically concurrent users. The vendor
> of the site licence uses IP numbers for euthentication.

I might be wrong, but I think that if all of your users are going thru
squid, then you'll only have one ip address accessing the site anyways. :P

You could find and hack some other, lighter proxy to do what you want. I
think squid might be a little thick to use in that fashion.

Do a search on www.freshmeat.net/search.php3

Good luck,

--
        Blue Lang                              Unix Systems Admin
        QSP, Inc., 3200 Atlantic Ave, Ste 100, Raleigh, NC, 27604