Re: allowing dial in users

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:24:29 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Joel Taqueban wrote:

> I'm sorry I have to bring this issue again. Last time I did already
> placed the ACL on my squid.conf but was surprised to know that my
> remote users could still access the Internet when in fact I want them
> only to access intranet sites. I already have this on my squid.conf
> file
>
> acl allowed_remotehost src 199.40.218.10-11/255.255.255.0
>
> http_access allow allowed_remotehost allowed_sites
> http_access deny all
>
> Anything else I missed?

Are you sure that your clients are going through Squid? If so, take out
the 'http_access allow allowed_remotehost allowed_sites' line and see if
every connection is denied. If so, the problem lies in the 'allow' rules;
otherwise, something else is letting them through.

If you want to send me your complete squid.conf (off-list) then I'm happy
to take a look at it.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781