Re: smb_auth

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:06:44 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Scroggins, Kelly wrote:

> I've got samba working and I've got squid working. But I still
> haven't been able to get the smb_auth to work.

Still no luck? :(

> In order to use smb_auth you must have a file called 'proxyauth' in
> the netlogon directory on the PDC, and the users/groups must have
> 'read' access to this file. What privledges does the squid process (or
> user running squid, in my case. The user is called squid) need on the
> Linux box.

As I understand it, Squid doesn't need any access to the 'proxyauth' file
- the users authenticating themselves to Squid need access. You must be
able to connect to the share containing 'proxyauth' as these users and
read the contents of the 'proxyauth' file - until this works, smb_auth
can't work properly.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781