Possible DNS problems ??

From: Jan Van Ham <Responsible@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:14:07 +0200

Hi,

I'm running 2.2STABLE5 with WCCP and some complaints came in about "DNS resolvement problems"
I also experienced it when using IE5.x but never using IE4.x and I had my PROXY settings active, so I guess it can't be a WCCP issue ;-)

Now, my Linux box has 20 DNS-servers defined and the usage seems very good :

Dnsserver Statistics:
number running: 20 of 20
requests sent: 123407
replies received: 123405
queue length: 0
avg service time: 10983 msec

# FD # Requests Flags Time Offset
1 2 50382 A 6.841 0
2 3 30293 AB 228.357 0
3 4 16704 A 6.837 0
4 5 9658 AB 223.614 0
5 6 5601 A 24.562 0
6 7 3563 A 24.530 0
7 8 2385 A 1063.990 0
8 9 1595 A 1061.627 0
9 10 1118 A 970.254 0
10 11 667 A 949.373 0
11 12 465 A 948.279 0
12 13 306 A 947.031 0
13 14 214 A 908.785 0
14 15 145 A 907.926 0
15 16 64 A 1319.756 0
16 17 47 A 87986.375 0
17 18 86 A 87958.164 0
18 19 25 A 87938.229 0
19 20 21 A 87938.445 0
20 21 68 A 87857.216 0

So you see I always have some DNS-processes extra ;-) and they hardly get used all together...
Ooo...I'm running 2 DNS servers on NT4 machines ;-8 (really no complaints about those boxes thoug)
Any tips & hints ?

Regards,

Jan Van Ham