anonymizer.com functionality (beginner Q)

From: Ricardo Stella <stella@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:27:08 -0400

We are looking to implement anonymizer.com's functionality for a set of
roaming users.

We need them to be able to:

* Not modifying their browser's proxy configs...
* Connect to our web site
* After being authenticated (LDAP), select from a series of available
URLs
* Selecting the URL will connect them to that EXTERNAL site, except that
the connection should be done via our proxy server.

In a sence, anonymizer.com gives you proxy via what seems to be URL
redirectors (ie http://www.anonymizer.com/http://www.cnn.com) But we
need to fix what URLs are allowed (hence only those ones would be
cached) after being authenticated.

Pointers would be appreciated... TIA.

 Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
 (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
  *** Remove 'no-spam' from e-mail address before replying.  ***