Re: DISKD newbie question

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:53:06 +1000

And lets also recall that the user had _not_ read the bugs page or
obviously done any investigation into this version of squid. His original
problem related to why --enable-heap-replacement did not work, which is
documented at:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.4/bugs/

Namely: "Heap-based replacement will not compile."

One would surely hope that a user or system administrator would look at the
bugs page before implementing any version of any software. Would _you_
ever use software which had bugs which were critical and could completely
disable the software under certain circumstances?

reuben

At Tuesday 07:17 AM 25/04/2000 -0500, Russell Mosemann wrote:
> >From the same page where you found the description of squid-users, there
>is this description of squid-dev:
>
>"This small list is used for general discussions relating to Squid
> development. This includes ideas for new features, issues, etc."
>
>I don't believe that the people asking the questions are interested in the
>development of Squid, submitting ideas for new features or are reporting
>problem issues. They are interested in getting the software running.
>That makes squid-users an appropriate forum for such discussions.
> ^^^^^
>
>If there are development-related problems, surely they should be directed
>to squid-dev. However, just because a version of Squid has DEVEL in it's
>name doesn't mean that no questions can be asked about its configuration
>or its operation.

Reuben Farrelly West Ryde, NSW 2114, Australia