IP to User name translation

From: Lee Edward Armstrong <lee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:04:33 +0100

Hi there,

        I curently have all the valid users in my squid.conf defined as IP
addresses. I've just processesed the logs for the first time using
calamaris and they are cool.....However they apear with a host by
host listing of who is using their web access....curently this is an
IP address.

Is there anyway that i can translate these to thier user name /
machine name....maybe from a lookup table, or within squid's config

or is it a case of pre-parsing the logs using perl and substituting ???

Any ideas ???

cya,
                Lee

BTW most people accessing are using windows95, and they log
into novell !