Re: Problems with memory allocation / renicing unlinkd

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 14:13:10 +0200

Patrik Schindler wrote:

> >Here are the steps I would take:
> >1. Try upgrading to 2.3stable3, there are other bug fixes that you should
> >be running anyway.
>
> I'll do but I don't expect a fix for this. This behaviour hurts since many versions.

I have a couple of patches fixing things which might seem like memory
leaks.

a) Persistent POST queries is not released until the client connection
terminates. Seen for example from a Java applet showing "realtime" stock
quotes.

b) Some malformed server replies can cause a lot of memory to be used
until the request is completed. Seen for example from a MP3 streaming
server.

See http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/

--
Henrik Nordstrom