Re: Squid SNMP interface measuring the traffic saved...

From: Craig Fels <csfels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:13:16 -0500

George,

I haven't used Squid's SNMP, but I can find my cache hit percentage by
analyzing my log files with Webalizer.

Webalizer can analyze any common log format, and converts the statistical
data into graphs and tables. One of the tables refers to
redirectors....these show up as tcp_denied: none; tcp_hit:none;
tcp_miss:direct, etc.

It also shows what percentage of my web traffic each of these redirectors
has. Since I have a crontab job that runs webalizer every night on
access.log.0 (my logs rotate every night), I can view my Webalizer page and
see what percentage of cache hits I have, what % of misses, etc. So far I'm
happy with the statistics that Webalizer provides me.

it can be found @ www.mrunix.net/webalizer.

~craig