Re: Squid Logfile Analysis

From: Craig Fels <csfels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:31:05 -0500

Tomasz,

I am using Webalizer to analyze my access.log file. Its a great webbased
analyzer that can handle partial log files--so if you rotate your squid
logs, past information IS retained.

I had it up and running a just a couple hours.

Its available here.... www.mrunix.net/webalizer

FYI....I'm using pre-release version 2.00-12. It (all Webalizer versions)
requires the use of the GD Graphics library. The current release of GD is
1.8, which creates PNG images instead of GIF images due to copyright laws.
Older versions of Webalizer require an older version of GD which creates the
GIF images. The older GD is HARD to find...which is why I'm using the
pre-release version.

Give it a try....only took a couple hours...and that's NEWBIE time. Let me
know if I can help at all.

Craig--
csfels@swbell.net