Just a quick check on a cache_peer setting

From: Raymond Brighenti <bargi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:22:36 +1000

Hi all,

I have just set up a new Squid machine, it's plugged into the same switch
as our main Squid box (so there's virtually no latency)
What I want is for all requests that Squid gets it will query our main
Squid box for, if the main box doesn't have it or it's down Squid will go
off and grab the page itself, I don't want the main Squid box to actually
get anything for this box at all.

So would the following line do this OK, It's currently working OK, is there
anyway to make sure the main box is not fetching requests at all or will a
setup like this simply not do it anyway

cache_peer proxy.mainsquid.com.au parent 80 3130 proxy-only no-query

Thanks

Ray

"In cases of major discrepancy it's always reality
that's got it wrong....reality is frequently inaccurate."