Re: list

From: Martin Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:13:37 +0100

At 00:54 19/07/00 -0300, Federico Fourcade wrote:
>Is there another list that answer newbie's questions???
>Nobody answered mines
>regards
>federico fourcade

Federico,

You need to be a little more patient, according to my view of the mailing
list you only waited 5 hours between your original post and sending this one :)

Anyway, your questions...

>Although i included "http_access allow my IP directions" line in the
>squid.conf file, i couldn't reach the internet from the
>NT machine. I receive error messages about access denied while the
>permisions are set in the config file.

Please reply including your ACL definition and http_access lines.

>The other thing, is there any program that solves modem dialing on demand
>serving calls from NT machines?. Reach the internet using the modem in the
>Linux box?

You don't need to do this. Just set up dial-on-demand on the Linux box and
recompile your kernel to suppoer IP Masquerading. Once you've done this,
read the IP Chains HOWTO.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks
The package said Windows NT 4 or better - I installed Linux.