Re: squid not caching *.mov files

From: Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 01:24:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi John,

> is that a flag that somesite.com turned on to tell squid to not cache
> those *.mov files? what can i look up?

There's the cacheability checker that'll help you isolate problems
caused by the remote site (I don't have thu URL off the top of my head,
but you'll find it somewhere on squid-cache.org).

On the receiving side, could it be that the .mov's in question are
larger than your max_object_size?

There's a gazillion of other things that can go wrong, but these are the
first two I'd check.

Cheers,

                                -- Bert

Bert Driehuis -- driehuis@playbeing.org -- +31-20-3116119
If the only tool you've got is an axe, every problem looks like fun!