RE: System Requirements

From: Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:00:49 +0300

As usual, Microsoft always says like this... So we couldnt use it.... :(

>I know sys requirements can be very subjective, and the squid site
>didn't mention how many desktops that would support, but I'm
>wondering why
>there's such a large gap. Can anyone offer some insight here?
> What would
>I really need on squid to get good performance while
>supporting about 100
>PCs?

Our squid works well over 128M mem, PII350Mhz, 8 GB IDE disk for our 80 PCs.
we are glad of squid performance. But If you will serve for more users than
1000. you should have more good configuration. Actually you may serve your
clients with any simple configuration.

But if we/you had been bigger ISP we/you should have used better
configuration..

Best regards,
Ilker G.