To use internal DNS or not to use internal DNS?

From: WOL - Rene G. Joergensen <rgj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 11:50:25 +0200 (MET DST)

Hey!

I've been looking for a answer wether we should use the internal DNS in
v2.3 or to keep using the external dnsserver-processes.

Is there an advantage in using the internal DNS?

The FAQ says:

The dnsserver is a process forked by squid to resolve IP addresses from
domain names. This is necessary because the gethostbyname(3) function
blocks the calling process until the DNS query is completed.
[cut]

It this problem solved in v2.3? Or will squid hang if a DNS-query is
taking a really long time?

My logic tells me that using external DNS much be faster, since that more
queries can be done at one time?

--
- Rene