Re: [SQU] transparent VS normal proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 00:13:30 +0200

Sort of, except that the router typically only rotes the relevant
traffic to the proxy server without rewriting it, and the proxy server
host then accepts it as local even if bearing a foreign IP address and
redirects it to the proxy servers port.

Quite fundamental violations of Internet Standard 5 "Internet Protocol"
and Internet Standard 7 "Transmission Control Protocol", but some like
it. Personally I only view it as a bandaid until better ways can be
found, except possibly when used in firewall environments.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker