[SQU] transparent poxy

From: Kristoffer Lippert <k-music@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:37:21 +0200

Hi

I'm setting squid stable4 up as transpatent proxy, using it as a web
accelerator for a company site.

Thing is a bit more complicated, since we've got two loadbalancing switches
(foundry - ServerIron XL) doing some loadbalancing.

It works like this:
1. std. request comes in to the foundry asking for a site (www.netdoktor.dk)
on port 80. This is a VIP sitting inside the foundry.
2. the foundry changes the mac adress of the package to the mac adress of
one of the proxy's, and sends it on to a proxy.
3. proxy gets a request on port 80 for the site (www.netdoktor.dk) and using
ipfw forwards it to localhost:3128
4. Squid recieve the request, looks for it in the cache, and if it's not
found, it's supposed to send the request back to the foundries. But it
dosn't.
Squid comes out with a error saying something like : NAT-Open-failed. in
the log.

What could be wrong?

Regards

Kristoffer