[SQU] Virtual Host question

From: FCP Wong <feicipet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 02:53:04 +0800

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an httpd accelerator for my company machine. All our
websites are configured as Virtual Hosts under Apache.

According to the Squid documentation, to enable virtual hosts support we
need to add the line "httpd_accel_host virtual". But that's all it says. I'd
like to find out :

1) HOW does squid find out what are the virtual hosts involved - since no
where in the config file do I specify where Apache or its configuration file
is.
2) How do I select which virtual hosts on the server that I want to
accelerate (assuming that I run www.webA.com and www.webB.com as virtual
hosts and I only want to accelerate www.webA.com)

I've combed through the FAQ and manual but all it gives is "httpd_accel_host
virtual" without anything else for me to go on. Would appreciate if someone
could take the time to give a few pointers or point me to the right place to
search for more info...

Thanks
Wong