[SQU] Protocol dependend SMB_auth !! Got the solution. Maybe you should add it to your faq.

From: Moser Max (RTC) <max.moser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:11:35 +0200

My prob was that i have some NT groups (lets say:Inetusers and Ftpusers).
I dont want an additional authorisation file etc. So i checked smb_auth.
Because Squid only pass User and PAssword to an external authentication
Programm
it would not be possible to use one Authmethod for FTP and one for HTTP.

After a long toilett meeting i got an idea.

Yo can solf it like this:

You got a PDC/BDC a Proxy with 2 Squid running on it and an apache on it.

So configure it like this.

Install the Apache on port 8080 and add as default file the Autoconfig.pac
file. i will post mine if you all want.
then you install one squid on port 8081 for http and one squid on 8082 for
ftp. now you can define 2 different configs
for those squids one that veryfies with smb_auth the ftp and one that do
taht for http. thats is i guess that should
work.

I will inform you bout my config and tests in detail if you want.

Greetings

Max