Re: [SQU] Protocol dependend SMB_auth !! Got the solution. Maybe you should add it to your faq.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 23:10:47 +1100

Max that is a very hard way to solve your problem....and it wont' address
your request to avoid separate auth files.

lets see if I have it right?
you want the members of inetuser to get http access and
the members of ftpusers to get ftp access?

Answer:
currently squid does NOT SUPPORT GROUP MEMBERSHIPS from the native user
database. That is SMB/NTLM/LDAP/Basic auth types are all group-ignorant. You
can emulate groups with the following syntax

acl inetusers proxy_auth sam john mary peter
or
acl inetusers proxy_auth "userfile"
to pull the details from a file.

do get the different list of users for each protocol use two proxyauth acl's
acl inetusers proxy_auth sam john mary
acl ftpusers proxy_auth sam mary

then

acl ftp proto ftp
acl http proto ftp

and finally

http_access allow http inetusers
http_access allow ftp ftpusers
http_access deny all

should give you one instance of squid, different users allowed ftp and http,
and no separate files (allthough you can use group files (for example
exported from your PDC) if you want).

You could also write an export module to get the group membership from the
DC and extend squid (bigger project though).

Rob