Re: [SQU] lru or heap LRU (Squid V2.4)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 05:04:12 +0200

I don't think the HEAP implementation uses a high/low watermark. If it
does then it should be the same as for Squids standard LRU policy.

The main difference between the two policies (apart from implementation)
is that Squids standard LRU does tail compression by removing expired
objects from the tail. This causes some objects at the tail to be
scanned many times.

Technically the watermarks in Squid is not watermarks any longer. There
is a ramp function in that the closer to the high watermark the usage is
the more aggressively Squid expires objects.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker