Re: [SQU] acl password, any objections to this working method?

From: Mark Worsdall <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:26:20 +0100

In message <20001019094728.92633.qmail@web9701.mail.yahoo.com>, ajay
chaudhari <ajaylinux@yahoo.com> writes
>hi
> As you r using ncsa_auth can you tell me what are
>the commands to compile or reconfigure squid to use
>ncsa_auth, please give in detail the path from where
>to run the command.

# If you want to use the traditional proxy authentication,
# jump over to the ../auth_modules/NCSA directory and
# type:
# % make
# % make install
#
authenticate_program /usr/local/sbin/ncsa_auth /usr/local/etc/squid/squi
d.passwd

authenticate_children 10
authenticate_ttl 600

The file:-
/usr/local/etc/squid/squid.passwd

is created by a script that is run from my /etc/crontab

The script extracts from master.passwd only userIdname and password for
a give gid number.

--
He came from Econet - Oh no, I've run out of underpants :(
Home:- jaydee@wizdom.org.uk       http://www.wizdom.org.uk