Re: Odd hangs with squid (2.4 beta with NTLM)

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 13:22:32 +1100

It's not a known problem with 2.4 - I have been "eating my own dog-food"
since the code first actually authenticated.

Things you could try to help debug:
* next time it occurs do a squid -k reconfigure. This will close all the
helpers and restart them. If this fixes the problem then it is (most
probably) a helper issue and we'll focus on that.
* right now add an ACL allowing unauthenticated access through squid - for a
single workstation or perhaps for a specific browser (ie lynx). Then when
this occurs next try accessing from that browser or workstation. If that
works then it is the authentication code/authentication helpers.
* If you find it is reproducible, up the debugging level as per our previous
emails, and then shoot over the log file. It includes the internal actions
of squid, so will usually give a good indication as to the problem.

Rob