Re: [SQU] Squid Authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 02:06:57 +0200

pam_auth is another authentication module for Squid. There are a quite
large number of authentication modules to select between, all depending
on what password source you want to authenticate against:

  ncsa_auth -> NCSA HTTPD style password file
  pam_auth -> PAM services on UNIX
  ldpa_auth -> LDAP database
  MSNT -> Microsoft NT domain controller
  getpwnam_auth -> /etc/passwd (but not /etc/shadow)
  and many more.

ncsa_auth is distributed as part of the Squid sources. Squid sources can
be donloadable from www.squid-cache.org or one of it's mirrors.

The instructions I gave was for building ncsa_auth from the Squid
sources and install it in the location where RedHat want's things to be,
without otherwise disturbing the RedHat RPM installation of Squid.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker