Re: [SQU] Disable authentication Realm, No Authprompts with MS-Proxy Explorer , : Now where is the NTLM module?

From: Dr. Michael Weller <eowmob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 13:49:05 +0200 (MESZ)

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Robert Collins wrote:

> Sourceforge has come back up I've commited the patch

Too late, already hand patched all my squid installations.

Note: When installing NTLM in another location, although with a single
proxy_auth instance (hence I did not add your patch first) I got
plenty authentication prompts within an IE session.

The first pages loaded fine w/o a pw prompt, but then it prompted (and I
could login with the right credentials).

It *seems* adding the recent NTLM patch cures also this problem (longrun
experience is missing), I claim it might have been caused by kept open
connection (due to performance issues) of IE to squid which forgets
authentication after the first download.. but this is just hypothetical.

Michael.

--
Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,
or even mat42b@spi.power.uni-essen.de. If you encounter an eowmob account on