Re: [SQU] Disable authentication Realm, No Authprompts with MS-Proxy Explorer , : Now where is the NTLM module?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:12:14 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Michael Weller" <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <squid-users@ircache.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2000 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [SQU] Disable authentication Realm, No Authprompts with
MS-Proxy Explorer , : Now where is the NTLM module?

<snip>
> Note: When installing NTLM in another location, although with a single
> proxy_auth instance (hence I did not add your patch first) I got
> plenty authentication prompts within an IE session.

Probably the same bug showing itself differently. The number of proxy_auth
instances will not actually affect the code, it was acl denies causing the
issue.

> The first pages loaded fine w/o a pw prompt, but then it prompted (and I
> could login with the right credentials).
>
> It *seems* adding the recent NTLM patch cures also this problem (longrun
> experience is missing), I claim it might have been caused by kept open
> connection (due to performance issues) of IE to squid which forgets
> authentication after the first download.. but this is just hypothetical.

The problem was at squid's end, where the connection stayed open but squid
"forgot" the credentials.

I'm glad it *seems* fixed.

Rob