[SQU] Authentication

From: Andreas Moroder <andreas.moroder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:02:03 +0200

Hello,

we now use squid since 1 Year and have every day new users. Now we would like to simplify the user management.
All our users log in into a Netware NDS. Now we would like to use the NDS to authenticate the users.
We could do this by using the ncpfs tools ( a set of programs and libraries to log into novell from linux ).
The big problem is that the users with this solution must always type in the full context.
Is there a way from squid to fill up the username field in the authentication messagebox that the Explorers opens ?
Is there a way to tell explorer not to use allways the same user, but to use the full name of the currently logged in user ?

What we don't need is single sign on, simply a way to make the live easier to the users ( and the helpdesk ).

Thank you

Andreas Moroder