[SQU] win2k-squid problem

From: Dana Gourley <danagourley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:33:42 EDT

Hi

I'm trying to get squid to work on a windows 2000 computer.
I was able to get it to compile and run by following the directions given at
Robert Collins site(refered to in the FAQ), however it isn't working
properly.
The program handles about 10 objects (yes about one HTML page)
and then it conks out and the browser stalls. I believe squid is refusing
to make more connections after making about 10 connections. I am not using a
special configuration file(ie works in Linux6.2). The messages written by
squid on start-up indicate one problem "no-suid: setuid: (22) Invalid
argument" I'm not sure if I can ignore this error message but the program
continues on and seems to start correctly according to the start-up
messages.
There isn't any indication from squid that it is having a problem, (no
messages, that I can decipher)

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem?
Any ideas?

Dana

P.S.
I'm using squid2.4.DEVEL3 for i386-pc-cygwin on a pentium 3 running
windows2000 using a SCSI drive. Has something like 512M memory.

In the config file, left most everything to default, squid user and group
are "Everybody", specify 8MB Mem 100MB cache-dir

for some reason the config file that came with this implementation of squid
has a default "cache_dir" setting that has a "-1" for some reason after the
UFS specification:

"cache_dir ufs -1 /usr/local/squid/cache 100 16 256"
               ^^
no idea why