[SQU] help with ntlm authentication needed

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:30:25 +0100

I want to set up squid so that the user name is gathered from the nt domain controller.
I managed to get the ntlm authentication working. Now the second point is that I want to
restrict proxy access to certain users or a certain group. How can I achieve this ?
The problem is that as squid matches the first acl operator, after the successful
authentication with the nt domain controller how do I impose further restrictions ?
And if I place another acl operator containing a group or user restriction before
the proxy_auth term, I get the user/password dialog that I wanted to avoid.

Or am I on the wrong track ? Is there a solution which uses a group or user scheme on
the nt domain controller (as ms proxy does) ?

Any hints welcome,
Jakob Curdes