Re: [SQU] Manipulating Headers

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:12:42 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Sitangshu Supakar wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. The documentation you referred tells the
> functions by which the headers can be manipulated. What I need is
> where to manipulate the header? Are there any hooks or callbacks.
> Thanks and Regards Sitangshu

Well, you can grep for a few functions that manipulate the headers and
you will, eventually, with some effort, get the idea where to place
your calls. There are no "pure" callbacks you are looking for; you
will have to modify code that processes the requests/replies. For
example, see how the Connection header field is handled, and how it
affects other fields.

Looking at the "squid -kd" debugging trace for a Squid that processes
one request at a time may also be useful.

When you are done with your manipulations, if you feel that a generic
"hook" is needed and feasible to implement, please contribute such a
patch so that folks after you will not have to suffer.

HTH,

Alex.