[SQU] Strangeness

From: Brad Barnett <bbarnett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:21:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I've noticed some strangeness with SQUID and the redirector process, and I was
wondering if anyone else has encountered anything quite like this. For some
reason, when info gets passed to the redirector (in this case, perl) its quite
garbled. I've gone to the trouble of running ngrep, to make sure that
something isn't getting garbled before it arrives, here's an example :

###### My debugging info :

BAD PIC NAME
^W@^W@d.doubleclick.net/ad/mm.cnn/;sz=468x60;ord=2000.11.13.12.45.45.0

###### ngrep :

T xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:63285 -> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3128 [AP]
  GET http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/mm.cnn/;sz=468x60;ord=2000.
  11.13.12.45.45.0 HTTP/1.0..Referer: http://www.cnn.com/..Pro
  xy-Connection: Keep-Alive..User-Agent: Mozilla/4.72 [en] (X1
  1; I; Linux 2.4.0-test7 i686)..Pragma: no-cache..Host: ad.do
  ubleclick.net..Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpe
  g, image/pjpeg, image/png..Accept-Encoding: gzip..Accept-Lan
  guage: en..Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8..Proxy-authori
  zation: Basic Yi9uaWNvdGVzdDM6cGFzc3dvcmQ=....

Now, as far as I can see, the request is getting to squid fine, but for some
reason its not passing the right info on to my redirector. FYI, I do get the
rest of the info (I'm using an external authenticator as well), and the
username, post method and source host are all coming through fine, ungarbled.
I've also tried restarting squid quite a few times, and cleaned the cache, to
to be sure.

I've also written a small redirector, and its fine. Its only with my complex
redirector that I occasionally get corrupted request urls. None of my
more complex perl redirector processes are dying, however.

I guess what I'm asking, is if anyone else has seen this, and.. HEEEELP ;)

---
                                     Dynamic Hosting
                                   http://www.L8R.net/
                      "We Provide Static Hostnames for Dynamic IP's"