Re: [SQU] Performance Problem

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:22:02 +1100

> Here is some data about our proxy usage:
> - User authentication is done via LDAP to a directory on
> localhost. I have specified 16 instances of squid_ldap_auth.
> - At peak times we have about 100 requests per second.
> - We use only five ACLs with up to 50 regular expressions.
>
> What are the main parameters that I should tune? What are the
> parameters that I should look for in the cachemgr?

Are you part of a hierarchy? If so are you using ICP/Digests? Most
environments don't need ICP (and it introduces delays before requests get
fired off).

When you say the WWW was slow; do you mean that large files (say 1+Mb) have
a slower download rate, or that requests are not initiated to the origin
servers as quickly?

> Thanks for your help,
> Rainer
>
> PS: I have built on the squid_ldap_auth code that comes with
> Squid to authenticate against an Active Directory with
> Windows 2000 user groups. Is anybody interested in reviewing
> it?

Yes. Pretty please?

Rob