[SQU] Two problems

From: Joseph Haig <jhaig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:38:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I am using squid and I am encountering a couple of problems. One is minor
but annoying but the second is more serious.

The minor problem is that my internet connection is dial-on-demand and I
have found that if I try to look up a web page while the internet is not
connected, I invariably get a message telling me that the page cannot be
found. This can be got round by reloading the page as by this time, the
connection has been made.

The second problem is more serious. My network comprises a Linux PC,
which contains the ISDN card, and two MS PCs. When I first set up squid,
I was able to access the internet with all three machines. After a while,
though, the two MS machines arbitrarily stopped being able to get to
anything. I completely deleted squid and re-installed it and the same
thing happened - it worked fine for a few weeks but now only the Linux
machine will work.

Can anyone please help me with either of these problems.

Thanks,

Joe.