RE: [SQU] reiserfs

From: Tony Gale <gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:52:01 -0000 (GMT)

Doesn't reiserfs still suffer from a one-big-lock problem, so it
doesn't scale to SMP. I've also had problems with it screwing up my
ethernet card due to it's effect on interrupt handling latencies (I
think - didn't look that hard, just ditched it for XFS instead - for
inn rather than squid).

On 03-Jan-2001 Florin Andrei wrote:
>>From: "Phil Pierotti" <phil.pierotti@QUOKKA.com>
>>
>>noatime = No Access Time, reiserFS doesn't update last access time
>>on
>>the file
>
> This is great!

---
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@syntax.dera.gov.uk>
I was in Vegas last week. I was at the roulette table, having a lengthy
argument about what I considered an Odd number.
		-- Steven Wright
The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.