[SQU] what are you doing for redundancy?

From: Matt Ashfield <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:20:55 -0400

Hi All,

I'm using squid 2.3stable3 on AIX 4.3.3 as a proxy cache, and it's working
ok. sometimes, i've had problems with squid crashing due to things like
filesystem sizes filling up and such...Not a big deal, but brings up the
issue of redundancy...How do you build it into your network using Squid? If
the squid server goes down, all of your users effectively lose their
Internet access, unless they know how to un-configure their boxes so as to
not use squid...THis is a major sticking point in selling the idea of Squid
to my manager, so I'm wondering what the rest of you are doing?

Thanks

Matt