Re: [SQU] what are you doing for redundancy?

From: Matt Ashfield <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:17:34 -0400

Thanks to the group to pointing me at the auto-proxy configuration..I'm
kinda part-timing it on the Squid stuff here at work, so I don't always know
all the ins and outs..Thanks again..
As a follow-up to that though, what have you people noticed for timeouts
before your client goes to DIRECT if the cache is down..It took my windows
98 machine around 15-20 seconds...my linux box was immediate..both were
running Netscape..Is this a configurable option (the timeout) in Windows?

Cheers

Matt Ashfield
mda@unb.ca