Re: [SQU] Advantages

From: Florin Andrei <florin125@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:14:32 -0000

>From: S Nithyanandham <snithyanandam@yahoo.com>
>
>I am in the process of evaluating various cache box.I
>did see the cache-off results and find that there are
>lot of other caching solution which give a better
>price/performance. But I still find lots of ISP using
>Squid. I would like to know what are the compeling
>advantages of squid over other cache products. This
>will help me in my process of evaluation

        1. Lies
        2. Damn lies
        3. Benchmarks ;-)

        The Squid code is very clean, like for any other Open Source product. Maybe
you don't have some obscure features, like in some commercial caches, but it
works very well, and is very stable.
        Right now, i'm trying to get rid of Netscape proxy on my network, and put
Squid instead. Netscape just sucks.
        Because so many people use Squid, you can obtain a lot of support, and for
free. ;-)

--
Florin Andrei