Re: [SQU] Squid behind a firewall - questions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:53:20 +0100

Is it a proxy based firewall, or a packet filtering firewall?

More specifically, do you have to configure clients to use the firewall
when behind it, or is the firewall "invisible" to normal clients?

If the firewall is "invisible" requiring no proxy configuration in the
clients, then Squid won't need any specific configuration.

If the firewall is not "invisible", then you must most likely configure
Suqid to use it as a parent proxy. See the cache_peer and never_direct
directives.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker