Re: [SQU] Tunneling proxy?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:36:16 +0100

Erhm.. there are many ways to tunnel traffic thru a firewall if you have
access to both sides, but are you allowed to do this?

My recommendation is to use SSH port forwarding if anything. But FIRST
ask the client if this is OK, as it might expose their systems.

I do not recommend to install proxy at the client. Instead set up a SSH
port forward per server you need access to.

You can use a Squid with a redirector (and redirec_rewrits_host_header
off) or another proxy with URL rewriting capabilities locally to forward
the requests to the correct forwarded port.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker