Re: [SQU] httpd_accel and cache_peering problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:39:03 +0100

Thimal Jayasooriya wrote:
> My next job is to setup a secondary cache to swap data ICP
> (well, just to swap cache data)...Unfortunately, this simply never
> happened.. when I setup another machine and put in
> "cache_peer machine.foo.com parent 80 3130"
> into the conf file, I saw no exchanges happening...In fact the
> caches were not communicating with each other at all...I've
> designated the primary cache as the parent, and the second
> machine as the sibling... from what I understood, this means that
> when a request goes to the sibling, it will ask the parent first via
> ICP, right ? All I seem to be getting is an error page from the
> sibling...saying "MISS/400" : Bad request

For peerings to work between accelerators you must enable
httpd_accel_with_proxy.

Also, make sure to set up proper access controls to only allow access to
your servers, not proxying in general (required as soon any of
httpd_accel_uses_host_header or httpd_accel_with_proxy is enabled, as
both can be used to ask your accelerator to contact any other host)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker