Re: [SQU] Access Denied

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:44:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

This error is quite simple to fix!!

From this error message, I assume that you have a
series of ACL's. Go through "squid.conf" and make sure
that the settings are correct, i.e. names are accurate
(and are case sensitive). If this is ok, then type in:

squid -k reconfigure

and all should be well!!

Regards,

Thomas Adam
--- Anton Purba <qiubec@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all,

> I'm using kernel 2.4 and running at Redhat 6.2, with
> Squid/2.3.STABLE1. I'm masquerade all of the packet
> with iptables 1.2, and using transparent proxy. I
> was
> try the same configuration at RedHat 7 with
> Squid/2.3.STABLE4, and my squid is running properly.
> But when i try with RH6.2 i have a problem with
> error
> in my browser like :
>
> *********************
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://mail.yahoo.com/
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Access Denied.
> Access control configuration prevents your request
> from being allowed at this time. Please contact your
> service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
>
> **********************
>
> My Linux running behind firewall (using RH 6.2 with
> kernel 2.2.14) and i want to experiment with kernel
> 2.4 at the LAN. I was configure my squid.conf at acl
> options.
>
> Someone can help me!!
> Thank's before
>

> Anton

=====
Thomas Adam
Linux Co-ordinator for The Purbeck School

e-mail (school): n6tadam@users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk
e-mail (yahoo) : thomas_adam16@yahoo.com