[SQU] Squid and Junkbuster

From: Lee Miller <leemiller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:39:07 -0600

Hello,

I would like to see if anyone is running Squid along with Junkbuster
(www.junkbuster.com).

I am currently running Squid 2.3.STABLE4 along with Junkbuster 2.0.2-8 on my
RH 7.0 box.

The dual-proxies are working great, however I am somewhat confused about how
the entire set up works, especially regarding configuring the filtering of
cookies and banner ad images.

Since many of the filter settings for cookies and other content are similar
between squid.conf and junkbuster's config file, which takes precedence? In
other words, if I reject cookies in junkbuster, does squid's cache still get
peppered with them? Should I leave squid's config wide open and then just
use filter settings in junkbuster's config file?

I guess I just don't understand the 'flow' and 'filtering' of information
from squid --> junkbuster --> client browser. I'd like to protect myself
totally including shielding my squid box, and not just shield my client
browser machines.

Thanks in advance if you can help me sort this out in my mind.

Lee Miller