Re: [SQU] Squid and Junkbuster

From: Nathan Kahn <nathan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:04:44 -0500

>Since many of the filter settings for cookies and other content are similar
>between squid.conf and junkbuster's config file, which takes precedence? In
>other words, if I reject cookies in junkbuster, does squid's cache still get
>peppered with them? Should I leave squid's config wide open and then just
>use filter settings in junkbuster's config file?
>
>I guess I just don't understand the 'flow' and 'filtering' of information
>from squid --> junkbuster --> client browser. I'd like to protect myself
>totally including shielding my squid box, and not just shield my client
>browser machines.

I am using both Squid and Junkbuster.

I believe that Junkbuster filters first. So if you reject cookies in
junkbuster, squid's cache does not see them.

I use squid's config only to block porn, and junkbuster for blocking ads
and cookies.

Regardless you can tell what is blocking what by looking at the web page.
If you are denied access to something, it will tell you either junkbuster
bocked it or squid won't let you have it.

This is all just to the best of my knowledge, I am no expert.

Nathan