[SQU] Cache update problems

From: Michael Umland <Umland@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:58:29 +0100

Hi to all,

We have problems with a squid "squid-2.3.STABLE4". I use this Proxy for 250 User in our Office. Our Webdevelopers changes our Office-homepages once at day. Sometimes the Squid dont recognize the updates of the Office homepages. The Proxy returns the old html versions and he takes a long time until the Squid update his Cache. I tryed to erase the BrowserCache (IE), but the same Problem appears. I think i have to edit my squid.conf file. Does anyone know which squid.conf Parameters i have to set to increase the Cache updates?

By the Way
The Squid runs on a Linux System with a Pentium II 450 and 256 MB Ram, the cachesize is set to 400 MB

thanks in advance
Michael